Nowadays IT infrastructure buyers need solutions that are Fast (which drives efficiency), Simple (complex just does not cut it today), Reliable (downtime is no longer acceptable) and Affordable (it must be value for money) – these are rightly the key focus areas of the Fujitsu data centre strategy.
Core technology and Partnerships
At the heart of the Fujitsu portfolio is the PRIMERGY server range that delivers industry leading performance and reliability, and the ETERNUS storage platform which provides a broad feature set with a focus on low cost per TB/IOPS and high levels of availability. Specific storage features include:
- Single OS/architecture from entry level to enterprise
- Replication between different arrays regardless of model and generation
- Automated Tiering and Flash Caching (hybrid only)
- De-duplication and Compression
- Automated Quality of Service
- Data Encryption (Controller and/or SED based)
- Integrated storage cluster to enable continuous availability
- State-of-the-art VMware and Hyper-V integration
- Leading SPC benchmark performance
For both PRIMERGY and ETERNUS, Fujitsu is an industry leader in reliability and to back this up they provide a unique Reliability Promise that will provide a full refund should a hardware defect covered by the warranty occur within one year of purchase.
Partnerships have always been key to Fujitsu, they were VMware’s second OEM partner back in 2002 and since then they have continued to VMware optimise and integrate their portfolio. In addition if you are a NetApp customer it is good to know that there is a 20 year history of Fujitsu and NetApp collaboration and that Fujitsu engineers support NetApp storage in EMEA – this makes PRIMERGY the perfect server platform to use with NetApp FAS/AFF, E-Series and SolidFire.
Converged and Hyper-converged Infrastructure
When it comes to data centre technologies most organisations today will consider one of the following architectures:
- Traditional – separate servers, storage and network switches
- Converged Infrastructure – a pre-built stack (reference architecture) of servers, storage and network switches with a single point of support
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure – scale-out servers with internal storage (no SAN or NAS here)
This is an area where Fujitsu leads the market in terms of choice, in addition to traditional options they also have the following CI/HCI solutions:
- PRIMEFLEX for VMware vSphere (PRIMERGY servers and ETERNUS storage)
- NFLEX (PRIMERGY servers and NetApp FAS/AFF storage)
- Nutanix Enterprise Cloud on PRIMERGY
- PRIMEFLEX for VMware vSAN
- PRIMEFLEX for Microsoft Storage Spaces Direct
Data Protection and Management
As can be seen from the CI/HCI solutions a key part of Fujitsu’s strategy is to leverage best of breed partner technologies in combination with their own, this is also extended to their data protection offerings which are powered by Commvault.
Commvault provides an industry leading hybrid cloud unified Information and data management solution (including Office 365 backup and GDPR sensitive data governance) and Fujitsu provides the server and storage platforms – as always with Fujitsu it is all about choice, so you have a number of options:
- Purchase the hardware from Fujitsu and install separate Commvault software
- Purchase turn-key appliances from Fujitsu with Commvault pre-installed
- Purchase the Commvault licences from Fujitsu to enable a single point of support for both the hardware and the software
If you would like to learn more about any of the solutions within the Fujitsu portfolio please get in contact.